Sepia Tree Decoupage Paper
$24.95 – $39.95
MINT decoupage papers have been created especially for furniture art and refurbishment. Each design is available in two sizes, A1 and A3 and printed on stock specifically chosen for decoupage. MINT decoupage papers have been meticulously chosen to ensure your projects become works of art on completion.
Mint decoupage papers come with comprehensive instructions or you can view the ‘how to’ tutorials at https://mintbymichelle.com/blogs/news
Papers may appear larger/smaller in the web preview than they actually are.
A3 – 297mm x 420mm / 11.7″ x 16.5″
A1 – 594mm x 841mm / 23.4″ x 33.1″
When it comes to decoupaging on wood, always lightly sand the surface. Make sure it’s nice and smooth to avoid unwanted bubbles or bumps and make sure the surface is free of any old finish. It might be tempting to skip this step. However, if you take the chance, you might end up with an artwork that will start chipping and peeling later.
Many people prefer to paint their surface before they decoupage it. However, if you choose to do it, we recommend using chalk paint, and after it’s completely dry, lightly sand over the paint again to make sure there are no bumpy surfaces in the paint. You can also use a primer coat instead of paint. Always make sure the first coat is completely dry before adding another coat of paint or primer over it.
When you have all your supplies together, make sure your brush doesn’t have any loose bristles. Bristles that fall out might end up in your adhesive and be transferred onto your project. When you brush on the glue, use quick and smooth brush strokes to prevent tearing and wrinkles in your paper. Try to use light and even pressure.
Decoupage Application Instructions
There are two methods of application that best suit the Mint by Michelle Decoupage Papers. Please be sure
to read through the following instructions and decide which method is best for your project before getting
started. You may also choose to view the ‘how to’ tutorials at https://mintbymichelle.com/blogs/news
Method 1. Recommended to achieve an aged, crinkled, authentic look (for a less wrinkled look mist the back of the paper with water)
You will need: Image Medium, Glad/Cling Wrap, Decoupage Paper
1. Start by adding Image Medium to small areas of your intended surface.
2. Place your decoupage paper onto the glued surface area and then rub down using a handful of scrunched Glad/Cling Wrap. The gentle friction between the two surfaces helps to smooth the paper down.
3. Repeat this process by adding small amounts of glue, followed by the decoupage image and smoothing using the handful of Glad Wrap.
4. Once the decoupage paper has been applied to the full surface area of your piece, you can finish in whichever method you choose.
5. Paint it in further to extend the image &/or cover your image with as many coats of Image Medium or Lacquer as you wish.
6. To flatten crinkles and add a further aged look we recommend sanding with a very fine sandpaper between your finishing coats.
Method 2. Recommended to achieve a smooth, flat finish
You will need: Image Medium, Parchment/Baking Paper, Warm Iron, Decoupage Paper
1. Coat your project surface with a thick coat of Image Medium or Modge Podge glue and let it dry. Repeat this step twice.
2. Place your decoupage paper on top of the dry glued surface and place the parchment paper on top of the decoupage paper.
3. Starting in the middle of the image, apply a warm iron on medium heat to the parchment paper and continue to iron until the image is secured to your project surface.
Finishing options for Method 2.
• No Finish – If your piece is going to be a low traffic surface, then no finish or topcoat is necessary
• Oil Based Finish – If you are finishing with an oil base, you can use as many coats as desired.
• Water Based Finish – If you are finishing with a water-based topcoat we recommend spraying your decoupage image with 3 very fine coats of lacquer, being sure to leave it to dry in between coats. Once all 3 coats of lacquer
have dried, apply your water-based finish.
Please note, we recommend using Mint by Michelle Decoupage Papers with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
Shipping & Delivery
Following your online order, we offer two options to receive your products: a standard home delivery by courier or a click-and-collect service.
Our rates are set at a fixed rate of $10 for NSW and $15 for the rest of Australia. Deliveries are made within our courier’s standard operating hours Monday to Friday.
We aim to ship your order within 1-2 working days of receiving your order. Orders placed on Friday or over the weekend will be processed the following Wednesday at the latest.
Pick-up is from our Caravan shop posted at our studio at Princes Lane in Turramurra from Tuesday to Friday from 9:30 to 14:00.
Alternatively by appointment, please contact us at email@example.com
Returns & Refunds
Our refund and exchange policies last 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. Any item not in its original condition is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error cannot be returned.
To return your product, you should mail your product to 11 Hunters Avenue, St Ives NSW, 2075, Australia.
If you are local, please contact us ( contact info.) and we can arrange an in-person appointment.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, and you have returned your item with our courier service, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Chalk Paint® FAQS
- One litre of Chalk Paint® covers approximately 13 square metres.
- One to two coats of paint are usually enough.
- Chalk Paint® adheres to almost any surface, and there is rarely any need to sand or prime before painting.
- To get started, tip the paint pot upside down and shake it before use. Then open and stir well. If the paint is too thick just add a little water and stir.
- For the best results, we recommend a Chalk Paint® Brush to apply the paint.
- Always finish Chalk Paint® with either Chalk Paint® Wax or Lacquer for protection.
- You can paint Chalk Paint® straight over Chalk Paint® Wax without removing the prior finish.
- Yes! Chalk Paint® is an incredibly versatile and accessible product that even beginners can use.
- We also host an array of Chalk Paint Workshops and Classes including Beginners Chalk Paint® Workshops, Paint your Own Piece of Furniture Workshops and Decorative Paint Classes.
- Chalk Paint® can re-invigorate old brass and other metal fixtures and fittings.
- Any rusting areas should be sanded and treated with a rust inhibitor before painting.
- Chalk Paint® can transform old concrete and wooden floors, even if they’re varnished.
- Always test the paint and lacquer together on a few areas of the floor before you start, to check whether any stains will bleed through.
- Apply two or three coats of Chalk Paint® and finish with Chalk Paint® Lacquer for durability.
- On horizontal surfaces and garden furniture, use Chalk Paint® Lacquer.
- Depending on the look you want and the site-specific conditions you may find it needs a fresh coat periodically as it is a water-based decorative paint.
- Make sure Cabinets are very clean without using harsh chemicals before painting. Any residue oils left from kitchen-use will affect the finish.
- Apply at least two coats of paint, and then two or three coats of Chalk Paint® Wax or Chalk Paint® Lacquer to seal and protect them.
- Test your cabinets first with both paint and lacquer.
You may also like
Wax | Clear$17.00 – $34.90
Wax | Clear$17.00 – $34.90
Use Clear Chalk Paint® Wax to seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint. Chalk Paint® Wax emphasises depth of colour and gives a beautiful mellow finish, or can be buffed to a high sheen.
Chalk Paint® Lacquer is a hard-wearing, water-based polyacrylic varnish with built-in UV protection. Use it over Chalk Paint® for a robust finish that will withstand general wear and tear – perfect for dining room tables, outdoor furniture, floors, and skirting boards. It goes on perfectly clear and dries quickly without yellowing over time.
Matt Lacquer provides a matt finish and will slightly darken the colour of the Chalk Paint®, similarly to Chalk Paint® Wax. Gloss Lacquer gives a light sheen but is not ultra glossy.
Wax | Black$17.00 – $34.90
Wax | Black$17.00 – $34.90
Black Chalk Paint® Wax will give a cool, dark finish to your paintwork, bringing out texture in brushwork and mouldings, as well as darkening and enriching colours. Use it with Clear Chalk Paint® Wax to seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint.
Wax | White$17.00 – $34.90
Wax | White$17.00 – $34.90
Use White Chalk Paint® Wax to soften and lighten Chalk Paint® colours. It can also be applied directly onto unvarnished wood as a liming wax to create a limed oak look. Chalk Paint Wax® will seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint.
Wax | Dark$17.00 – $34.90
Wax | Dark$17.00 – $34.90
Apply Dark Chalk Paint® Wax to give age your paintwork and emphasise brushmarks, cracks, and texture. Use it with Clear Chalk Paint® Wax to seal and protect furniture and walls painted with Chalk Paint® decorative paint.